Peripheral IV Therapy in Adults
This entry level course will provide nurses with knowledge in assessing the patient, planning nursing care, implementing nursing care, and evaluating the effectiveness of the nursing care for patients receiving peripheral intravenous therapy For more information, click here.
Lynn Hadaway Associates, Inc. Online Courses
- Place your online education course order through PayPal.
- Orders are received in our office and processed between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
- Most orders are processed within 24 hours of purchase. If you have questions, contact us.
- After processing, you will receive an email inviting you to join our course. Once you accept the invitation you will be taken to a page to create a new user account. You will get an email to confirm your new account. Once clicking on the confirmation link you will have access to your Lynn Hadaway Associates, Inc. Course. NOTE: You MUST use the same email address when purchasing the course and when creating a user account for our system to recognize you.
- You can work at your own pace, starting and stopping when it suits your schedule. NOTE: Our courses do not have sound except for courses that have video. You read the material at your own pace.
- After you have worked through all the course material, complete the evaluation and take the post-test. You will have 3 attempts to pass the test, however a passing score of 80% or better is required. Please make sure you have the required time to complete the post-test because you cannot start and stop this at will.
- Upon successful completion, you will be able to download your certificate of completion.
- Don't forget to access additional information in the Resource Section. These resources are linked within the course but you can have access to each resource without scrolling through the entire course.
Chest Radiograph Assessment and Central Vascular Access Devices
This intermediate course will prepare nurses to improve patient care when assessing chest x-rays for proper tip location in all types of central vascular access devices.. For more information, click here.
The Ins and Outs of Implanted Pacemakers and Central Venous Catheters
This intermediate course will provide a brief review of the anatomy of the heart, an overview of implanted pacemakers and central venous catheters and a discussion of the special considerations for clients requiring placement and use of both devices. For more information, click here.
Infiltration and Extravasation from Vascular Access Devices
This intermediate course will prepare nurses to consistently apply proven nursing interventions to prevent infiltration and extravasation, and recognize the symptoms early in the event. For more information, click here.
The Perils of Power Injection
This course includes a video presentation originally given at the 24th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Association for Vascular Access (AVA) held in National Harbor, MD in September 2010. For more information, click here.
Online Journal Club (OJC)
Clinical practice requires sound evidence however the process seems difficult to many nurses and can be time consuming. That is where we can help through our Online Journal Club (OJC). Each month, we identify a specific clinical question related to infusion therapy and vascular access. We conduct a literature search to find recent studies addressing the question. Each online meeting will be limited to two or three new studies. For more information, click here.
Central Vascular Access Devices
This entry level course will provide nurses with knowledge in assessing the patient with a CVAD, planning infusion through a CVAD, implementing the CVAD plan, and evaluating the effectiveness of the CVAD. For more information, click here.